Re: Serious regression caused by fix for [BUG 1/3] bsg queue oops with iscsi logout

On Thu, Apr 03 2008 at 0:00 +0300, FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No change since I submitted last time:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=120692552424155&w=2
>
> They need to be applied to the latest Linus git (or scsi-fixes).
>
> If you prefer a git tree:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tomo/linux-2.6-misc.git bsg

Thanks for the git tree. The URLs inside the message above don't work for me.
They all point to the same email and without any patch inside. I don't
know if it is marc.info or my firefox that's bad.

Anyway the git tree is perfect, I will give them a spin.

> James pointed out another race:
>
> 1. we hold the bsg device open and remove it.
>
> 2. we add a new device.
>
> 3. we try to open the new device
>
> 4. we get a ref to the removed device (but it's still hold open)
> instead of the new one.
>

> I overlooked this race (James, thanks a lot for pointing out
> it). Fortunately, the fourth patch fixes this race. I've confirmed it.
>
> So when submitting the patchset, I said that only the first patch is
> crucial, however, the 4th patch is crucial too.
>
> I'm fine with either via scsi-misc or scsi-fixes.
> --

Thanks
Boaz