Re: SCSI RAM driver

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:14:53PM +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> I see that two drivers have very different objectives but if we add
> use_thread option to scsi_debug (we can do easily), it seems that
> scsi_debug can provide all the features that scsi_ram does.

It's not just use_thread.  It's also discard_read/discard_write.
And scsi_ram has a different data storage model from scsi_debug --
scsi_debug simulates an arbitrarily sized disc by wrapping around some
small (virtually) contiguous allocation of pages; scsi_ram actually
allocates the amount of ram that it's told to.  This can be solved with
another module parameter, of course.

I'm in no way opposed to merging the two; it's a question of whether
Doug will mind me doing some surgery on his driver.

a retrograde step."
-