Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 6.7+ merge window

On Sat, 20 Jan 2024 at 22:30, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus, you haven't been complaining about my key, which hopefully
> means that I'm not causing you headaches

Well, honestly, while I pointed out that if everybody was expiring
keys, I'd have this headache once or twice a week, the reality is that
pretty much nobody is. There's James, you, and a handful of others.

So in practice, I hit this every couple of months, not weekly. And if
I can pick up updates from the usual sources, it's all fine. James'
setup just doesn't match anybody elses, so it's grating.

I do end up having a fair number of signatures that show up as expired
for me in the tree. Some may well be because it's literally an old key
that has been left behind - it may have been fine at the time, but now
it shows as expired. It is what it is, and I'm not going to worry
about it.

But every time I do a pull, and the key doesn't verify, my git hook
gives me a warning, and so those things are a somewhat regular
annoyance just because then I have to go and check.

And I just checked: with James key now fixed, it's currently just
Alexander Gordeev that shows up as recently expired with me not
knowing where to get an update.

That key expired two days ago - I'm pretty sure it was fine last pull.

Alexander?

              Linus