Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 6.7+ merge window

On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 11:35:18AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Guess why I don't? BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE DOES THAT POINTLESS EXPIRY DANCE.

So I guess I need to confess.  I haven't been doing the expiry dance
(which I started doing because GPG revocation certificates are also a
disaster).  There are certainly those folks who recommend it as a best
practice[1].

[1] https://www.g-loaded.eu/2010/11/01/change-expiration-date-gpg-key/

However, I tend to set the expiration 6 to 12 months in
advance, and make sure I renew them 3 months or so before they expire,
and then I make a point of sending them to keys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
update the the kernel keyring, as documented here[2].

[2] https://korg.docs.kernel.org/pgpkeys.html

Linus, you haven't been complaining about my key, which hopefully
means that I'm not causing you headaches (or at least I hope so).
Would it be perhaps because you are periodically running
scripts/korg-refresh-keys as documented in [2].  Or perhaps you are
running it out of cron or a systemd timer (again, as documented in [2])?

Unlike James, I've tried to use DANE, since about the only thing that
has as disastrous a user experience as gpg is DNSSEC.  :-) I just
manually upload keys to the kernel and Debian keyrings, and it's been
working out, apparently without much pain for either me or to those
who rely on my keys --- at least, no one as complained to me so
far....

					- Ted