Re: blktests: running nvme and srp tests with real RDMA hardware

On 10/24/23 07:55, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
On 10/23/23 22:43, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
On 10/24/23 04:59, Shinichiro Kawasaki wrote:
Hello blktests users,

As of today, software RDMA driver "siw" or "rdma_rxe" is used to run
"nvme"
group with nvme_trtype=rdma or "srp" (scsi rdma protocol) group. Now
it is
suggested to run the test groups with real RDMA hardware to run tests in
more realistic conditions. A GitHub pull request is under review to
support
it [1]. If you are interested in, please take a look and comment.

[1] https://github.com/osandov/blktests/pull/86

Just commented on it. What we really need is the functionality to run
against pre-configured controllers (ie specify the controller NQN and
NSID and do not call into nvmetcli); when running on real HW we
typically cannot control the target, so we need to be able to specify
a preconfigured namespace.

Cheers,

Hannes

What format you think use to accept the pre configured namespace ?
thinking out loudly Can relay and we use nvmetcli config file somehow
for local loop back setup ?

Ideally I would hide it behind the call to '_setup_nvmet' / '_nvmet_target_setup' / '_nvmet_target_cleanup'.
We already have 'def_subsysnqn', which should be set to the
pre-provisioned NQN. We clearly need a 'def_nsid', but that
should be easily done.

Biggest problem here will be the 'out' files. Most of them record the
default NQN, so if we allow to change that the tests will break.
How can we abstract away from that?

Maybe it's a good exercise even with the current codebase; just
set 'def_subsysnqn' to something else and watch what breaks ...

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                Kernel Storage Architect
hare@xxxxxxx                              +49 911 74053 688