Re: blktests: running nvme and srp tests with real RDMA hardware

On 10/24/23 04:59, Shinichiro Kawasaki wrote:
Hello blktests users,

As of today, software RDMA driver "siw" or "rdma_rxe" is used to run "nvme"
group with nvme_trtype=rdma or "srp" (scsi rdma protocol) group. Now it is
suggested to run the test groups with real RDMA hardware to run tests in
more realistic conditions. A GitHub pull request is under review to support
it [1]. If you are interested in, please take a look and comment.

[1] https://github.com/osandov/blktests/pull/86

Just commented on it. What we really need is the functionality to run against pre-configured controllers (ie specify the controller NQN and NSID and do not call into nvmetcli); when running on real HW we typically cannot control the target, so we need to be able to specify
a preconfigured namespace.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                Kernel Storage Architect
hare@xxxxxxx                              +49 911 74053 688