Re: Meeting about the UFS driver

On 10/12/21 3:59 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 11:05:55AM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
That document has been created using my work account. Recently my employer
changed the settings for work documents such that even read-only access has
to be granted explicitly. Making a document viewable without authentication
is no longer supported. I am considering next time I use Google Docs to
prepare a meeting to use my personal gmail account since making documents
public from a personal account is still supported.

Yeah, that would be my strong recommendation.  My employer has the
same restriction and I similarly will make sure that I create such
documents using my personal gmail account and then share Editor status
with my work account so I can more easily edit it from my work account
if necessary.

If you have a document that was created with your work account, the
procedure to "transfer" it over to your personal account is:

* If necessary, remove any work-proprietary information from the
   document; you can revert that change at the end of this procedure
   if you want the work version of the document to have internal
   information in it
* share the document with your personal account
* open the document with your personal account
* select File->Make a copy to make a copy of that document
   which is owned by your personal account
* Rename the copy so that it has something thing like (PUBLIC)
   in the the name so you can easily disambiguate the public
   version from the work version.
   OR, delete the work version of the document so you don't end
   up confusing yourself.
* Enable link sharing on the public version of the document

If you've ever wondered why the document which you can reach via the
URL https://thunk.org/gce-xfstests has "(public)" in the title, that's
why....

It's a bit more work for you, but it makes much life much easier for
everyone else trying to access the document.

Thanks Ted, that's very helpful! I have followed the above procedure. A version
that can be viewed without Google account is available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WqxN5fK3NfKtmtvUv8jlCteJqZ5rlNq5tz_Q9tzPozY/

Bart.