Re: aacraid not detecting drives if compiled into kernel

Thanx for your quick reply on Friday.
I was able to get the aacraid driver statically linked into the kernel to recognize the drive.

I found the 1.1-5-2420 drivers from the Adaptec site (aacraid_drv_1.1.5-2420.rpm) Since there were no patches specifically for my kernel RHEL3 (kernel-2.4.21-47.E), I used the driver source located in aacraid_source.tgz which I used to replace everything in the drivers/scsi/aacraid directory
and recompiled the kernel.

How stable is the 1.1.5-2420 driver under 2.4?
Also, is 2420 the latest stable build?

Salyzyn, Mark wrote:
The driver in RHEL3 is old (1.1.5-2412ish, so not that old), use the
Adaptec supplied sources and we will investigate. You can find them in
our download section, just pick a 'modern' aac based card and browse for
the latest. I believe I fixed the last set of problems associate with
compiling the driver static in the kernel in 1.1.5-2415. The testing was
done under a 2.6 kernel though so we may have a new set of issues to
work through ...

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn