RE: aacraid not detecting drives if compiled into kernel

The driver in RHEL3 is old (1.1.5-2412ish, so not that old), use the
Adaptec supplied sources and we will investigate. You can find them in
our download section, just pick a 'modern' aac based card and browse for
the latest. I believe I fixed the last set of problems associate with
compiling the driver static in the kernel in 1.1.5-2415. The testing was
done under a 2.6 kernel though so we may have a new set of issues to
work through ...

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn

-