Re: AIC7xxx on 2.6.18

NOTE: I am not on the linux-scsi list, keep me in CC.

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:18:20 -0500
> Wakko Warner <wakko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Andrew Morton wrote:
> > > Yes, getting the oops traces will help, thanks.  And confirmation on a more
> > > recent kernel would be good.
> >
> > I tested with a 2.6.20-rc6 kernel and the MAC 39160 card.  There was no oops
> > and I was able to access the 2 disks.  This was on a different PC though.
> > I'll try it again on the original PC.
>
> Thanks.

The PC was a completely different PC when I tried it that time.  This time,
I tried it on a similar PC (same motherboard model, but not the exact same
machine).  I had no problems with 2.6.18.  I looked a little close and I
noticed that the original machine was actually overclocked.  I did the same
to the machine that works and it is now not working.  So the problem with
the mac card seems to be the overclocking.  I completely forgotten about it
since it was a test machine anyway.

So this just leaves the problem I've experienced on the machine with the PC
u160 and the u/uw dual card.

> > Should I try 2.6.19 as well?
>
> There's not a lot of point in doing so.  If/when we come up with a
> 2.6.20-rc6 fix we'll know whether it is applicable to 2.6.19.x.

I'll try 2.6.19 on the machine with the 2 scsi cards with the option roms
disabled.  I'd rather not run a -rc kernel on this machine.

 Got Gas???
-