question scsi_register verses register_blkdev

Hi,

If this is the wrong list, please direct me to the appropriate one, thank you.

I am trying to write a linux driver (I'm new at this) for a standard SCSI host bus adapter.
I have read the Linux Device Drivers book 3rd ed., searched the web and read this list.
I do not understand when one should use 'scsi_register' or 'register_blkdev', or does one use both?
In searching the kernel source, it seems that most of the drivers use scsi_register,
while the device modules sr, sd, etc. use register_blkdev.

The book however never mentions scsi_register as part of a driver.

Could someone give me a clue on this?

Best regards,

Thayne Harmon

-