RE: Mid-layer API?

Hi Luben,

> The answer to your question depends on the answer to this
> question: Who is generating the commands and data, or loosely
> where are the commands and data coming from?

I'm using the Linux box as a 'dumb' SCSI adapter. The SCSI commands are
received by a driver that manages a proprietary interface through which
the commands are coming in from a remote host. The driver then needs to
forward the commands to the FC disk (by means I'm trying to figure out
here :-) and pass the results back up to the host.

> Once you've answered this, then you can take a look at who
> (or what) is the midlayer servicing.  Sketch that on paper.
>
> Then chart on another sheet of paper the complete path of the
> commands and data,  from the origin to the point you want to "send"
> them to the FC disk and compare that the above chart.

I guess my biggest problem is that I don't fully understand the flow of
command and data through the different layers. I could instrument a
kernel to dump some tracing information but that sounds like a lot of
work. Might be worth though to gain a better understanding.

> This will give you the answer of where you're supposed to
> "hook into" and why.

Not quiet there yet :-)

Thanks for your help
...juerg