Re: DIF/DIX issue related to config CONFIG_SCSI_MQ_DEFAULT

John,

>> I'll have to go revisit the archives for your exact fio bits.

Your fio test case ran to completion on all my test systems.

>> But I successfully ran our DIX/T10 PI qualification tooling without any
>> errors on the latest SCSI tree. On both scsi_debug and FC hardware.
>
> I'm not fimilar with this tooling. Is it internal to your company?

Sadly, yes :( We have not had much luck upstreaming the necessary aio
integrity passthrough enhancements.

> Unfortunately it seems that no other SAS HBA kernel driver supports
> DIX, so we have nothing to test against for this transport.

We did a preliminary qual of LSISAS3008 many moons ago. But we had no
immediate use for it in our offerings so it never went beyond that. I
know other companies are using it, though.