Re: [patch 18/24] megaraid: Dell CERC ATA100/4ch support

Ju, Seokmann wrote:
Hi,
On Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:10 AM, Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:
Add CERC subsystem ids to the old megaraid driver.  Tested, works.
NACK - This addition will create PCI ID overlapping with megaraid_{mbox,mm} module under driver/scsi/megaraid.
Since 2.6.16, we have removed some IDs in the megaraid module under driver/scsi to address ID overlappijng issue.
Please switch to megaraid_{mbox,mm} module for the controller support. megaraid module under driver/scsi is dedicated to very old products.

Seokmann

Hi,

Dell CECR ATA100/4ch does not work with the new megaraid_mbox driver for me. The adapter is recognized, but it does not show any virtual nor physical drives. I have no skills to correct the problem. Furthermore, I have found some comments on this hardware no longer supported by Dell, RedHat, etc.

Will you accept a patch that limits PCI IDs with VID=101E, DID=1960 and SSVID=1028 in the new driver to exactly three models specified in its source file comments and, on the other hand, adds PCI ID of Dell CERC ATA100/4ch to the old driver?

Janusz

-