Re: lp8000 and 2.6.18-rc6

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 08:21:35AM -0400, James Smart wrote:
> What this tells me is that the reporting as a scsi-4 device is
> telling the midlayer to use Report Luns, and that Report Luns is likely
> failing on this target. If the manual scans succeed, it says the
> luns are there, but were not reported in Report Luns. What you are
> encountering is an interaction between the target device and the midlayer
> scan behaviors. You should have like behavior on other adapters.
> Sounds like this device could use a device list entry.

	I can post some other log if someone finds it useful, anyway
	other adapters (serveraid, adaptech, iscsi) on the same system
	fill also their /proc stuff, this is the reason why I never
	noticed my scsi userspace tools were obsolete. Debian Sarge
	being supposedly _stable_, it was a bit a surprise for me...

	It is likely that this kind of problem will show up frequently
	while old userpace tools are not fully updated and transition to
	sys completed.

> Please note: it is general practice that /proc stuff for adapters is
> being deprecated in lieu of using the /sys/class/scsi_host/host<#>
> attributes. This has been true for the lpfc driver as it was a
> requirement when we first integrated into kernel.org around 2.6.10.
> Expect other adapters to behave the same as lpfc.

	OK, Thank you.

	Alberto

-