status question - IP over FC for qla2xxx?

Hi,

I'm trying to establish the status of IPFC (IP over Fibre Channel) for
the qla2xxx driver (and the QLA2312 chip in my specific deployment).

Researching it, I see that there were some patchsets way back in the
2.4.20 days (http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/patches/diff-2.4.20-pa31), but
I find nothing modern, nor any record of why it was ripped out.

The kernel and -scsi mailing list archives don't even mention IPFC.

This is maybe a question better directed at the network mailing lists,
but I'm reasonably certain that Ravi Anand and some of the others from
Qlogic hang out here.

I'm not after IPFC for high bandwidth, just the ability to check
connectivity without having the HBA binary libraries (my test platform
has them available, but I don't have that luxury further down the line).

While I'm at it, how's the IP support for other cards? I'm already
committed to Qlogic here, but I'd appreciate it for future design
choices.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2@xxxxxxxxxx