Re: Asynchronous scsi scanning, version 9

> Fortunately, USB is SCSI, so we can actually use this code to solve that
> problem too.  I wasn't thinking of USB when I wrote the code (because I
> didn't know there was a problem).  But really, it's very generic stuff;
> there's a list_head, a pointer to a Scsi_Host and a completion.
>
> I'm not 100% sure what the problem is with USB.

I seem to remember that the problem with USB was that you can't even
know how many things are still outstanding; devices are free to appear
on the bus at any time after bus power on, without specified timeout...
If the kernel can't know what's out there, it can't wait until it has a
complete picture either, just by virtue of not being able to know when
that is achieved ;-)

But I could be wrong entirely; USB storage is not something I delve into
daily...

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven

-