Re: qla1280: failing mbox check

Jes Sorensen wrote:

Uh oh!, bitops changing half way? Maybe the thing to try first is to
revert all the bitops mangling.

Yeah, thought about that, as some functions that were duplicated in the tree in many of the arch ports got moved from their respective asm-$arch to asm-generic, and appropriate tweaks added to compensate for these changes. I remember something from bitops stuff changed, but I'll be blasted if I can remember what. Probably gonna have to get some help from the Octane port author and some of the other mips hackers to try and trace down some of these changes (i.e., seems mips asm-offsets.c gets something weird done to it by gcc now when I run a git bisect and try to build it, which breaks a few of the asm files -- makes testing the bisect somewhat fun).

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
-