Re: SCSI target and IO-throttling

Douglas Gilbert wrote:
Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:

Steve Byan wrote:

<snip>

BTW, do you have any statistic how many modern SCSI disks support those
features (ORDERED, ACA, UA_INTLCK_CTL, etc)? Few years ago none of
available for us SCSI hardware, including tape libraries, supported ACA.
It was not very modern for that time, though

Vlad,
Here is part of the control mode page from a
recent SCSI disk (Cheetah 15k.4) :

# sdparm -p co /dev/sdb -ll
    /dev/sdb: SEAGATE   ST336754SS        0003
    Direct access device specific parameters: WP=0  DPOFUA=1
Control mode page [PS=1]:
  TST         0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Task set type
        0: lu maintains one task set for all I_T nexuses
        1: lu maintains separate task sets for each I_T nexus
  TMF_ONLY    0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Task management functions only
  D_SENSE     0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Descriptor format sense data
  GLTSD       0  [cha: y, def:  1, sav:  0]  Global logging target save disable
  RLEC        0  [cha: y, def:  0, sav:  0]  Report log exception condition
  QAM         0  [cha: y, def:  0, sav:  0]  Queue algorithm modifier
        0: restricted re-ordering; 1: unrestricted
  QERR        0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Queue error management
        0: only affected task gets CC; 1: affected tasks aborted
        3: affected tasks aborted on same I_T nexus
  RAC         0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Report a check
  UA_INTLCK   0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Unit attention interlocks control
        0: unit attention cleared with check condition status
        2: unit attention not cleared with check condition status
        3: as 2 plus ua on busy, task set full or reservation conflict
  SWP         0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Software write protect
  ATO         0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Application tag owner
  TAS         0  [cha: n, def:  0, sav:  0]  Task aborted status
        0: tasks aborted without response to app client
        1: any other I_T nexuses receive task aborted

So it doesn't support UA_INTLCK ("cha: n" implies the user
cannot change that value). QAM can be changed to allow
unrestricted re-ordering (of task with the SIMPLE task
attribute).

The NormACA bit in the standard INQUIRY response is 0 so
it doesn't support ACA either.

Thanks! This is exactly what we've seen in the our small investigation. Perhaps, those features are really not needed, if nobody still use them.

Vlad
-