Re: question on TMF for ISP2432 (linux 2.6.x driver ver 8.01.01)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, T.Krishnanand wrote:

> Does ISP2432 support ABORT_TASK_SET and CLEAR_TASK_SET TMFs ?

Yes.

> I understand that Linux SCSI EH strategy doesnt make use of these TMFs
> so QLA2xxx driver doesn't have code related to these.

Also correct.

> But If I want to extend the QLA driver to support these TMFs using
> following mailbox commands:
>
> MBC_ABORT_TASK_SET
> MBC_CLEAR_TASK_SET
>
> so that I can invoke them thru some IOCTL based appln...
>
> a) would ISP 2432 firmware/asic support these TMFs ? Are there any
> known gotchas that one should be careful about while implementing
> these?

It does, but not via a synchronous mailbox command.  Instead you need
to use a TASK-management IOCB to send the requests to the firmware via
the request-queue.  Take a look at the tsk_mgmt_entry structure in
qla_fw.h.

> b) While coding the handler for these TMFs which existing EH routine
> would u recommend to be used as template/reference ?

A reference implementation of the driver issuing a LUN-RESET via the
IOCB can be found in qla24xx_lun_reset().

--
av
-