RE: [2.4.21] Spurious ABORTs

>On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 13:10 -0400, Bagalkote, Sreenivas wrote:
>> What do you mean by "actually do a reset"? I see that
>firmware doesn't
>> have any pending commands. So I simply return success from
>reset routine.
>> Do you see any problem in this? After a hundred or so such
>cycles, the
>> system is frozen. I should also tell you that if I introduce abort
>> handler and return success for all the completed commands, I
>don't see the OS hang.
>
>Well, yes, for two reasons
>
>1. you do clustering, so a reset request could be from a
>reservation breaking protocol

I don't have clustering setup. So this is definitely not the reason.

>2. The fact that the eh activated indicates something went
>wrong.  If you take no corrective action and the test unit
>ready that follows the reset fails or times out then the
>device will be taken offline.

Heavy IOs are going on in the FW while it is rebuilding RAID arrays.
We expect some of the commands to timeout. But the key is recover
gracefully. I see that FW is completing _all_ the commands albeit
after timing out. When the reset handler is called after all the
commands are out of the door, I simply return success. Can this
potentially cause any issues?

Thanks for your quick responses.
Sreenivas
-