RE: samsung: clk: re-parent MUX to OSCCLK at run-time

Hi Tudor

Yes, that should be fine

> I'm trying to find out if it's OK to reparent the MUX to OSCCLK in normal
> operation mode (not low power mode), in order to get the lowest possible
> operating clock for the USI IP. Would be great if the decision is backed up by
> some info from datasheet. Unfortunately the datasheet that I have access to
> it's not explicit.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to either of the datasheets. So won't be able to provide input from datasheet.
Looking at your explanation above, like MUX USI is per IP, so it okay to switch to OSCCLK to get lowest possible clock for USI.
You need to do some more regression test with this change (I would still suggest to reach out to GS101 team to get the confirmation of any other side effect)
For me, it looks ok to use OSCCLK for USI

> Thanks for the help!
> ta

  • [Linux on Unisoc (RDA Micro) SoCs]     [Linux Actions SoC]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]