Re: ARM: warning: relocation out of range on Exynos XU4 and U3+

On 2020-06-11 08:51, Anand Moon wrote:
Hi Krzysztof,

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 12:15, Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:13:57AM +0530, Anand Moon wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to report some warnings I observed on pre-compiled kernel
image (5.7.1-1-ARCH) from Archlinux.
Sometimes ethernet would not come up and get connected, so in order to
investigate.
I found below warnings, So I am sharing the logs at my end.

Are these warnings related to in-consistency in locking, How can we
Investigate more to fix this issue.

These rather look like some address space randomization or some compiler
(LLVM?) feature. Not Exynos-specific anyway.

You should report it to Arch folks because they know how they compiled
the kernel and what config they used (althogh config you can find in
/proc/config.gz).

Thanks for your inputs.
Ok I will do more checks at my end, before reporting further to Archlinux.

Looks like the relocations fail when loading modules, and PLTs are not enbabled[1], so chances are the kernel image has simply grown too big to keep everything within direct branch range of everything else.

Robin.

[1] https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/blob/master/core/linux-odroid-xu3/config#L619

  • [Linux on Unisoc (RDA Micro) SoCs]     [Linux Actions SoC]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]