Re: Question about Odroid XU4 cpuidle

Hi

On 10.06.2020 16:02, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 02:18:12PM +0100, Lukasz Luba wrote:
>> Hi Krzysztof, Bartek,
>>
>> I recall that you have been working on some cpuidle code for Exynos(4?).
>>
>> I have a question regarding CPUIdle driver for Odroid XU4.
>> I use the board with LISA tests for EAS, but missing at
>> least idle state 0 cause errors (please see the log below).
>>
>> Currently the system does not report any idle driver and the state 0
>> is missing in: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state0/
> The state 0 long time ago was WFI. It was kind of meaningless so it it
> was dropped.
>
>> I am using driver CONFIG_ARM_BIG_LITTLE_CPUIDLE but the
>> boot stops silently while trying to init the cpu idle devices in there.
>> I carry on with a workaround that just removes idle state[1] and set
>> state_count=1 in the big and little structures.
> Try earlyprintk.
>
> In general, the big-little cpuidle driver should work... or rather: long
> time ago it was working.  It requires proper support from early stages
> (BL1, secure monitor) but this should be already in standard Odroid.
>
> I just saw there:
> 	/* Start at index 1, index 0 standard WFI */
> so maybe it was not updated properly to removal of WFI?
>
> I think no one uses this driver so it might be not well tested and not
> that useful.

I think it never worked on Odroid XU3/XU4. Afair it was developed on
PeachPi Chromebook, which use different bootloader (and doesn't use
trustzone).

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski, PhD
Samsung R&D Institute Poland

  • [Linux on Unisoc (RDA Micro) SoCs]     [Linux Actions SoC]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]