Audio support on Mini6410 board [was Re: Hi again]

Hi Alexander,

Cc: linux-samsung-soc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 12/21/2012 07:39 PM, Alexander Nestorov wrote:
Hi once again :)

After some more work there is some (really small) progress.
I'm able to make the kernel throw errors about something related with
AC97 and/or ALSA

This is the kernel log: http://pastie.org/5562475
Those are the patches I have applied (probably something is wrong, I
just don't know what/where): http://pastie.org/5562478
And this is the kernel's configuracion: http://pastie.org/5562483
  (should I disable/enable something?)

It might be correct, but I suspect you need add an entry for Mini6410
board, similar to this one

"SoC AC97 Audio support for SMDK with WM9713"

What do you think? Any notes/comments?

I have virtually no experience with ASoC and no board to check it,
so my ability to help you with this is really limited. Anyway, let's
try to make it work.

In the kernel log there are 2 things I noticed and would need to be
checked:

Lines 164...166:

soc-audio soc-audio: ASoC machine SMDK WM9713 should use snd_soc_register_card()
soc-audio soc-audio: CPU DAI samsung-ac97 not registered
platform soc-audio: Driver soc-audio requests probe deferral

and line 182:

soc-audio: probe of soc-audio failed with error -22

Likely only this last error is important.

I would add some debug prints to snd_soc_register_card() and
snd_soc_instantiate_card() to find out where it fails exactly.

Anyway, it seems you have added wrong audio devices to your board file,
copied from mach-mini2440.c ? Instead, you should find what's in board
files for boards based on s3c6410 SoC, e.g. mach-s3c6410/mach-crag6410.c.

I think you need one of these devices in mini6410_devices[] array:

	&s3c64xx_device_iis0,
	&s3c64xx_device_iis1,

Also, can you check what devices are registered in the system, e.g.

# find /sys/devices

?
You might want to have a look at sound/soc/samsung/smdk_wm9713.c.
Likely you need to add something similar for Mini6410.

And just do remove all mini2440 devices from your board file, like:
uda1340_codec, mini2440_audio. Those certainly shouldn't be there.

I'm not sure yet where AC97_* SoC pins are configured (corresponding
to B29...B33 pins of Tiny6410 module).

--

Regards,
Sylwester