Re: s5p-fimc VIDIOC_STREAMOFF bug

Hi Tomasz,

On 04/19/2012 11:45 PM, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on adapting s5p-fimc driver for s3c6410 and everything
> seems to be working just fine after some minor changes (except minor loss
> of functionality - only codec path is supported, but for most use cases it
> does not matter).
>
> However I think that I have spotted a bug in capture stop / capture suspend
> handling. In fimc_capture_state_cleanup() the ST_CAPT_SUSPENDED status bit
> of fimc->state field is being set regardless of suspend parameter, which
> confuses the driver that FIMC is suspended and might not accept buffers
> into active queue and so the driver will never start the capture process
> unless the device gets closed and reopened (because of the condition
> checking the count of active buffers).
>
> In my fork for s3c6410 I have moved the set_bit call into
> fimc_capture_suspend(), so the bit gets set only when the device gets
> suspended. This seems to solve the problem and I do not see any issues that
> this could introduce, so it might be a good solution.
>
> Let me know if I am wrong in anything I have written.

Your conclusions are correct, there was indeed a bug like that.
There is already a patch fixing this [1], but it is going to be available
just from v3.4. I'm considering sending it to Greg for inclusion in the
stable releases, after it gets upstream.

Once I did some preliminary work for the s3c-fimc driver, but dropped this
due to lack of time. If you ever decide you want to mainline your work,
just send the patches to linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (and perhaps also to
samsung-soc and ARM Linux) for review.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Figa