Re: Revised patches for PCM Controller driver

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Mark Brown
<broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 05:27:44PM +0900, jassisinghbrar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Acting upon the inputs given by Mark and Ben, I have revised the code.
>> A few points to be noted:-
>
> Please just post this stuff upstream, I'll review it fully there.
>
> Unless the code is so awful it can clearly never be accepted upstream
> without major work (which is not the case here) not submitting upstream
> at the earliest opportunity is likely to slow things down, either
> through the wait caused by an extra round of upstream submission or
> through missing key subsystem specific feedback (as happened with the
> IDE code, where several rounds of updates were done on code that would
> never be accepted upstream due to using the old IDE subsystem).

One of the purposes of this list was to catch trivial mistakes in the
patches before they are sent upstream for maintainer review. That should help
save maintainers time and keep them 'receptive' to samsung's patches.
Second purpose being peer review withing samsung.

>> 1) The prefix s3c24xx_pcm_ in the platform driver has been changed to
>>    more neutral s3c_audio_
>
> Please use DMA or something else which indicates which part of the audio
> subsystem it's driving.
okay, will call it s3c_dma_