Re: [BUG,2.6.29-rc7] Fails to boot in Hercules if HVC_IUCV is set

On Sunday 08 March 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> In my previous mail I reported that 2.6.29-rc7 booted OK too after
> applying the same reverts as needed for .27 and .28 for Hercules, but I
> did run into a new issue.
>
> Initially I had CONFIG_HVC_IUCV set to y, and with that the boot
> stopped after:
> hvc_iucv: The z/VM IUCV HVC device driver cannot be used without z/VM
>
> Looks like the system got into a loop with one processor at 100%.
>
> After disabling the option the boot was successful.

Well, not quite. It does boot successfully and I do get a login prompt.
I can also login on the console or connect with SSH, but in both cases the
system again gets into some loop before I actually get a shell prompt.
Looks like it may be related? I'll bisect this.