Re: Re-enabling EFI RTC on X86 for modern systems

Hello,

On 11/09/2024 03:58:49+0400, Pavel Nikulin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that EFI RTC was disabled on X86 really long time ago due to
> Intel reference firmwares coming with broken EFI.
>
> I edited the Kconfig to enable it, and see how it works on my laptop
> (AMD HX370). I can confirm that it boots well. I have not done any
> more extensive tests than that.
>
> What do you think about re-enabling EFI RTC behind some expert config
> flag, and ask more people to test it on modern X86 hardware?

I don't mind do that, I believe the issue is that this is going to break
the users that have a broken EFI and rely on CMOS. Please copy the x86
maintainers on your patch.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Belloni, co-owner and COO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]