Re-enabling EFI RTC on X86 for modern systems

Hello,

I noticed that EFI RTC was disabled on X86 really long time ago due to
Intel reference firmwares coming with broken EFI.

I edited the Kconfig to enable it, and see how it works on my laptop
(AMD HX370). I can confirm that it boots well. I have not done any
more extensive tests than that.

What do you think about re-enabling EFI RTC behind some expert config
flag, and ask more people to test it on modern X86 hardware?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]