Re: rtc: ds1307: call the platform's logic for handle IRQs.

Hi Heiner

On 24/08/17 21:16, Heiner Kallweit wrote:
> Am 24.08.2017 um 20:46 schrieb Heiner Kallweit:
>> Hi Enric,
>>
>> I just saw your submitted patch on patchwork. As I haven't been subscribed
>> to linux-rtc list yet, I can't reply to the original mail.
>>
>> Few remarks:
>> I think the same can be achieved easier (apart from the fact that member
>> irq was just removed from struct ds1307).
>> The curent call to device_set_wakeup_capable has to be replaced with
>> device_init_wakeup, in addition we have to call dev_pm_set_wake_irq to
>> register the interrupt with the Linux wakeup core. Then the core takes
>> care of everything.

Oh I just saw your patches, thanks to advice me about them.

> After further checking not even this may be necessary.
> If flag I2C_CLIENT_WAKE is set for the i2c client then i2c_device_probe()
> enables the device as wakeup device and registers the interrupt with the
> wakeup core.
> If the i2c client is defined via DT, then of_i2c_register_device() sets
> this flag based on the "wakeup-source" property.
> Is your device configured via DT? If yes, did you check whether wakeup
> works w/o your patch with just setting property wakeup-source ?

Yes, device is configured via DT and without my patch, just setting property
wakeup-source didn't work, the reason is that code:

http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.13-rc6/source/drivers/rtc/rtc-ds1307.c#L1382

I didn't test on top of your patches so let me rebase/rethink my patch on top of
yours.

>> See also rtc-ds1343, although I think the calls to enable/disable_irq_wake
>> are not needed there because the core takes care of this already
>> (enable_irq_wake is called from dev_pm_arm_wake_irq).
>>
>> Rgds, Heiner

Thanks,
 Enric

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]