Re: Question Regarding isolcpus

We in the linuxCNC community would not be in favour of removing isolcpus.
In our application there are only one or sometimes two RT threads, a
large user base deployed on a variety of platforms.
isolcpus gives our users a simple way to optionally improve RT performance.
When I review the cpusets documentation, it adds additional complexity
to configuration.
Our users are machinists, not IT professionals so would likely
struggle to configure a cpusets environment.
The LinuxCNC application is deployed on machine controllers so boot
time parameters are not an issue and likely preferred.

It would be appreciated if you could consult more widely before
removing isolcpus as it will affect our users
scattered through every country in the world.

Rod Webster
1300 896 832
+61 435 765 611
VMN®