system() instruction creates latency peaks

Hello,

I'm trying to convert my application originally written for Xenomai to Preempt RT. I'm experiences some unexpected latency peaks. After some debug, I saw that these
latency peaks are caused from some "system()" instructions.
In Xenomai there is an hard separation from real time context and non real time context. The system instructions are called obviously in NRT context.
In preempt RT I was expecting the same. I defined one high priority thread (using pthread_create) and "inside" this thread no system instruction is called.
The sistem instruction is called out of the high priority thread but seems to create problems anyway.
Can someone told me what I'm doing wrong ? if you want I can attach a sample code where I'm able to reproduce the problem.
The very strange thing is that some functions that access file system like fwrite don't create problem. Only "system" instruction works bad.
Unfortunately I need to call "system" to execute some bash scripts. Is there an alternative ?

Jim Verrod