Re: i7 vs Atom

Hi,

On 23/05/18 23:30, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 23.05.2018 06:19, Seokhee Han wrote:
>>> The results of portwell seems more than just bad - they same
>>> unbelievable, the error is VERY high (2msec).
>>>
>>> I've tried to find a benchmark which can support my results, but found
>>> no benchmark with ATOM.
>> I am now developing RT Linux system on minnowboard Turbot Quad Core board,
>> which adopts ATOM E3845 series SoC, and it shows above about 2ms worst-case
>> latency during cyclictest. So I try to detect SMI-related, kernel unaware,
>> hw latency using Linux kernel's hwlat tracer and it tells me that there are
>> couples of latency spikes (above 1000us) on the board.
> FWIW, I played a while with a MinnowBoard too. As it turns out the
> firmware provided from Intel is just no good for -rt. I ended up
> building a firmware with coreboot. With coreboot all the 2-3ms spikes
> were gone. Unfortunately, building your own firmware for the MinnowBoard
> is far from easy though possible:
>
> https://3mdeb.com/firmware/building-coreboot-on-minnowboard/
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel
> --

I agree with your comment. It is not so easy to build firmware and find any
information about it, because it's my first time to handle intel SoC board.

Unfortunately, I cannot access your link. I can see just "500 Internal error"
in any pages on https://3mdeb.com/, including your link.

Anyway, Thanks a lot and welcome further information.

Seokhee