Re: [CFP] RT Users Micro-Conf at Linux Plumbers 2017

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:40:12 -0600
Julia Cartwright <julia@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think a badge would still be worth purchasing. Having the ability to
> > help influence development is a worthy goal.
>
> I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't consider the LPC badge to
> be worth it.  LPC is one of my favorite conferences to attend! Anyone
> who asks me which Linux conferences to attend, LPC is always top on my
> list.

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

> However, from my experience, the attendees at LPC are largely already
> kernel engineers, or other low-level usermode people.  I suppose it's a
> question of what "users" you are looking for.

Actually, we are trying to have LPC be more cross the board and not so
kernel centric. More like the old days of OLS.

> That doesn't necessarily include people who are domain-experts in RTOS
> applications but are relatively new to Linux; or people who use a
> distro-packaged RT kernels for professional audio but have run into a
> few minor snags; or ...

I think these people would be perfect for LPC!

> > I rather have you tell us were you want to help :)
>
> I'd happily talk to/facilitate discussions on the topics I mentioned
> above.

Hopefully we can get more people to reply to this. It would be useless
to have a Micro-Conf that consists of two people sharing war stories.

-- Steve