[CFP] RT Users Micro-Conf at Linux Plumbers 2017

[ Call For Participation ]

Hi folks,

Linux Plumbers Conference (LPC) will be held this year in Los Angeles
California on September 13-15, 2017. Usually we have a Real-Time
Micro-Conference but this year Thomas Gleixner may not be able to
attend. Instead of having a kernel development focused event on the
PREEMPT_RT patch, I would like to throw out the idea of a user
experience focused event.

A month later there will be a Real-Time get together in Prague, that
would be perfect to be able to bring together a list of issues that
users may have and present this to the PREEMPT_RT kernel developers.

Are people willing to participate and have a discussion on what works
and what doesn't work with PREEMPT_RT. Be able to share horror stories
and work arounds with each other and perhaps come up with better
solutions. I will take what comes out of this with me to Prague and
perhaps be able to influence the development of PREEMPT_RT to address
any issues that arise.

There's also talk about having this combined with a Safety Critical
session focused on PREEMPT_RT.

Are people interesting in attending such an event? If so, I'll submit a
proposal for having such a Micro-Conference at Linux Plumbers. If not,
I wont bother wasting any time on it.

Thanks!

-- Steve