RE: Migrating from Xenomai

Hello all,

I have been using Xenomai for some time, in an Atom N270 based board, running a kernel 2.6.34 compiled with Sysgo's ELinOS 5.2 tool. I have mainly used the native skin, as well as some RTDM drivers.

Now, I have to start using a new AMD G-Series T52R based board, and kernel 2.6.34 shows some problems with it. Therefore, I have to update the kernel to a newer one, but ELinOS has dropped the Xenomai support.

One of the options I see is migrating my application to the PREEMPT_RT patch, which is already supported by ELinOS. Has anyone got any experience with it? Which difficulties should I expect to find in the migration process? Any special problems with RTDM, shared memory...?

Has anyone got information about latencies and performance comparison between Xenomai and PREEMPT_RT patch? I have found some in https://www.osadl.org/fileadmin/dam/rtlws/12/Brown.pdf, but it is a bit outdated.

Best regards,

Asier Tamayo