Re: Solving Nvidia (blob) latency spikes + convert (nvidia's) semaphores into mutexes patches for 331.20 [patches and links provided]

jordan <triplesquarednine <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hey list,
>
> I have been experimenting with the nvidia blob, monitoring behavior /
> latencies, etc. Through some experimentation, googling/research and
> looking over previous nvidia-rt/compat patches from all over the
> interwebs; I've put together a few patches for the latest
> nvidia-331.20 driver. (probably portable to older 3xx.xx series too).
> You can obtain the patches from my Archlinux package (Arch User Repo)
> - download the package and extract the patches from the tarball.
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nvidia-l-pa/
>
> the PKGBUILD file, (which is a build script (for Arch/ABS pakcages)
> much like bsd/ports, gentoo /portage for those unfamiliar) shows how I
> patch/install the driver For Archlinux - although, obviously different
> distros do this different - so; DISCLAIMER: I'm not the person to ask
> for help :)
>
> cheerz
>
> Jordan

Have you taken at the SteamOS beta release?  Apparently it's built on
top of PREEMPT_RT.

Link: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTU0MzY.

I believe NVIDIA has been involved in its development.  Hopefully this will
mean NVIDIA will actively develop/test their driver on PREEMPT_RT.

Anyway, I was wondering if you had taken a peak at any NVIDIA GPL'ed code
in SteamOS to see if they include  similar changes.  (The official driver version
number is 331.20.

Link: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?
page=article&item=steamos_linux_benchmarks&num=1