RE: RT Problem on Powermac G5 (more info)

> Subject: Re: RT Problem on Powermac G5 (more info)
> From: sven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:54:55 -0700
> CC: linux-rt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: man.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Quick general advice, without looking at your specific links:
>
> Try some other configurations first, e.g. instead of configuring PREEMPT_FULL,
> configure a more basic PREEMPT mode, and see if you can get something running.

Thank you -- I did that this week-end, trying to produce a minimal config. Now I have a PREEMT_DESKTOP with SOFT_IRQS which works well but as soon as I put PREEMT_HARDIRQS it fails at boot time with : "hda lost interrupt".

I have put the working config here: http://pastebin.com/VJ4GDsHN
and the failing one here: http://pastebin.com/jgZhkhVt

They should only differ with respect to soft and hard irqs threading.

The picture of the error message at boot time is at: http://views.airpost.net/#single:preempt_hardirqs.jpg

> Then turn on features (e.g. IRQ threading, and so on, and see when it breaks)
>
> BTW what's up with the oddball - - in the SMTP header?

A mistake.

I'd be very glad if you can continue to help me find a way to boot in full realtime. 		 	   		  --