Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.6.2-rt4

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:27:54 +0200, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Uwaysi Bin Kareem wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:59:38 +0200, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> In any case it would be helpful if you provide the full dmesg output
> of a failing boot.

Ok, you reall want to know. Well I can do anything to help you with that. Does
dmseg contain info from last boot? Or can it be accessed from the
console-thingy?

If you have a serial port on that machine, then you can enable the
serial console with "console=ttyS0,115200" on the kernel command
line. Use a second machine to record the data.

If you don't have a serial, then you should be able to do something
from the initrd shell. Your ethernet driver should be loaded already,
if not just compile it into the kernel instead into a module. Now you
can get it out over the net from that shell.
A third option is to use netconsole. Do this on mainline with the
"threadirqs" option, as I haven't tried netconsole on RT.
See Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt

Mainline does also not work with threadirq.

Good. So it's not RT wreckage :)

Thanks,

	tglx

Actually I don`t think I have a serial port, now that I think of it. Or atleast not 2 at the moment. I can try initrd shell first, and netconsole as the last alternative.

I can ofcourse always compile with net in, but what I needed was dmseg right? Actually I have an old pic of this error.
http://www.paradoxuncreated.com/tmp/rterror.jpg

Do you need more?

Peace Be With You.