Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.6.2-rt4

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:59:38 +0200, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Uwaysi Bin Kareem wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:01:54 +0200, Sven-Thorsten Dietrich
<sven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Uwaysi Bin Kareem
> <uwaysi.bin.kareem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I think it complains about not finding rootdevice. Anyway, I am getting a > > new machine, so it might not be much of an issue. If you still want to try > > and find the bug let me know. Also how do I compile without threadirqs, if
> > I enable basic-rt, threadirqs are enabled in .config also.
>
> rootdevice issues are most likely drivers/initrd related. Does your .config
> match a working Kernel's .config?

Yes, it works fine without basic-rt, or full-rt. Do you know if basic-rt can
be compiled without threadirqs?

No. And that's not interesting at all. We really want to know what's
going wrong when you have irq threading enabled.

You can also try the following. Compile the kernel without RT and add
"threadirqs" on the kernel command line. So that's just mainline + irq
threading. Does that work?

In any case it would be helpful if you provide the full dmesg output
of a failing boot.

Thanks,

	tglx

Ok, you reall want to know. Well I can do anything to help you with that. Does dmseg contain info from last boot? Or can it be accessed from the console-thingy?

Mainline does also not work with threadirq.

Peace Be With You.