Problem between rt-patches and OMAP SPI driver

Hello,

When applying the rt patches, the OMAP SPI driver referenced below doesn't work well. It's working well without the rt patches.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git;a=blob;f=drivers/spi/omap2_mcspi.c;h=969cdd2fe124602d1e65c4218190ed3e7d78ccf6;hb=02f8c6aee8df3cdc935e9bdd4f2d020306035dbe

More precisely, I'm getting a lot of "TXS timed out" and "RXS timed out" on line 485/495.

Q1. Has anyone made work OMAP SPI driver with rt patches?

Q2. How can I debug such problem? I have converted all the spin_lock_irq to raw_spin_lock_* without being sure if it's a good idea. But in any case, the result is the same.

Q3. More generically, while considering a new driver, what needs to be watched and patched from the rt point of view to play nicely with the real-time architecture? All the mutex? Anything in the worker function? I know that I won't become a RT expert overnight, but I'm trying to understand.

Many thanks in advance for any help or pointer,

Grégoire