Non-free firmware and proprietary Radeon driver on OSADL kernel

Hello everybody out there!

	I use OSADL last stable real-time kernel from Pengutronix
(<http://pengutronix.de/software/linux-rt/debian_en.html>) on a computer
which configuration is given in the end of this message.

	On this computer, I am using Debian Squeeze (6.0), and, because I have
to do some live recording combined with MIDI playing, I need to use a
real-time kernel. As I am using Debian stable, I want to use the most
stable kernel. Therefore, I have chosen OSADL kernel.

	But I am experiencing some troubles, linked with my graphic card.
Tested on the classic kernel, I need to install “firmware-linux-nonfree”
and the proprietary Catalyst driver for my graphic card. If not, then
power consumption is too important, then too much heat is dissipated and
display freezes after few minutes. To install the proprietary driver, I
have done the following:

# aptitude install fglrx-source fglrx-driver fglrx-glx fglrx-control
fglrx-atieventsd module-assistant build-essential linux-headers-2.6
# module-assistant a-i fglrx
# aticonfig --inital

	When I use the classic kernel, everything goes fine.

	During the installation of the real-time kernel, the configuration of
the package which should replace “firmware-linux-nonfree” –
unfortunately, I have forgotten its name – have failed. Also, when I run
the real-time kernel, it is the open-source driver that is in use. As a
consequence, after few minutes, the display freezes.

	I guess the first step is to configure the equivalent of
“firmware-linux-nonfree”. Unfortunately, I do not have a clue on how to
do this. As Pengutronix advises to use this mailing list, I come here to
ask if anybody can help me in achieving this.

	Regards.

							Yoann

The configuration of my computer:

– Case: Fractal 3R;
– power supply: Corsair VX 450W;
– fan: 120mm Noctua NF-S12B ULN;
– motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-USB3 (µATX LGA1156+DDR3+PCI-E);
– processor: Intel Core i5 760 (2.8 QuadCore LGA1156);
– radiator: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 775/1156/1366;
– memory: 2x2 = 4 Go DDR3-1333 PC10600 Kingston;
– graphic card: MSI R4350-MD512H/D3 Radeon HD 4350 512MB;
– audio card: M-AUDIO Delta Audiophile 24/96 PCI;
– SSD unit: 120 Go SATA SSD Intel X25-M Postville MLC;
– hard-drive: 1.5 To SATA WD Green 64 Mo cache;
– CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive: burner CD/DVD LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM.
-- Vous utilisez la version libre et gratuite d'OBM, développée et
supportée par Linagora. Contribuez à la R&D du produit en souscrivant à
une offre entreprise. http://pro.obm.com/ - http://www.linagora.com