Re: Using patch-2.6.33.7.2-rt30 increases latency and CPU usage?

Hi
> > No, the kernel does not use the FIQ at all. It is free for you to use
> > as you want. Communication with the FIQ handler can be done using a
> > queue based on atomic instructions.
Well i think there is some FIQ infrastructure in the kernel and even an FIQ
switch. But the only thing it does is reserving the infrastructure. Not more
not less. I have been toying around with the FIQ interrupt. On our HW (i.mx35)
we still have about 30µs interrupt jitter i would like to reduce. But the
Memory for the FIQ was to small and i didn't manage to jump to some c handler
code within the driver. Does anybody know has some examples how to do that.

Further since the FIQ is an own mode i thought the only thing one could use is
memory accesses? But when working within the TCM or FIQ memory the jitter was
very good (it was about 5ns if i can trust my memory).

Best regards
Tim