Re: [DISCUSS : vxwork to linux]

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Sven-Thorsten Dietrich
<thebigcorporation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 00:27 +0300, Raz wrote:
>> Hello rt. I wish to write a paper that describes what it means to port
>> from vxworks to linux rt in all apects but from your experience. The bellow
>> is a list of questions.
>>

> Sounds like you are trying to get someone to write the paper for you?
no.  i want statistics.
> I don't think too many folks on this list are porting from VxWorks to
> Linux.
>
> But you might want to contact Wind River, they might have a migration
> guide you could cite. (Although I would speculate that a migration guide
> the OTHER way might be easier to find)
> Also, some of your questions are curiously irrelevant. Exchange server?
> VPN.
they are if your IT manager does not know much about linux. 6 years
has passed and i still have no VPN access through linux.
> Where did you get this survey anyways?
>
> Is it copyrighted?
i did not write anything yet. the only information i have is my own.
if i will write it, it will be copywrited but free.
> Cheers.
>
> Sven
thank you.