Re: real time linux - which to use?

Thank you all for your help. I will provide a bit of background as to
what I wish to do.

I am working on an automatic railways project, and we have a lot of
sensors like GPS, laser, infrared, ultrasonic, cameras, etc. Each of
these works in an while loop, and tries to improve the quality of the
results. What I need is results at regular intervals. The time
interval depends on the speed of the train. So, I wish to develop my
application on realtime linux, so as to get the results at regular
intervals. I will be using TDL (Time Definition Language) for this
purpose. I would be generating software interrupts for machines doing
the processing of the sensors, and they in turn will return me the
result of the sensor, at that given moment of time.

I hope this helps to give you a picture of what I wish to do. Maybe
now you can suggest me the best alternative.

Thanks and Regards,
Neel Mehta
Third year Undergraduate student,
Electrical Engineering,