Re: [LTP] LTP RT Tests (Cyclic, rt-migrate, etc)

Steven Rostedt wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Subrata Modak wrote:
Yup. This is different than prio-wake. Prio-wake creates some number of threads of varying priorities and puts them to sleep on pthread_cond_wait and then wakes them with pthread_cond_broadcast, then tests that the threads were woken in priority order. Fails on kernels/glibc without requeue pi support as a FUTEX_WAKE(all) was used for PI mutexes.

So to include this in the ltp/restcases/realtime suite, the test should make use of the librttest.c and libstats.c apis, standardized argument parsing, buffered logging mechanism, and standardized output formatting. I can't get to that for a little while myself, but can assist if you have any questions. Alternatively we can wait a little while, and perhaps someone on my team will be able to help merge it with the realtime test infrastructure in LTP.
That should be fine.

Note,

Please take the following code:

 http://rostedt.homelinux.com/code/rt-migrate-test.c

Because I got rid of the old logdev writes (ifdef out) and replaced it with ftrace. It tries to write to ftrace if possible, but if ftrace is not configured, it should just ignore it.

Just to be clear, Steven you want us to modify this test case so that it uses the librttest facilities, including those for standardized argument parsing, buffered out, and thread creation, then commit this to the repository? I don't feel it should go in without those changes. We've expended a lot of effort making the tests in ltp/realtime be consistent in those areas (they all use some common command line arguments and coding styles). This ensures that they can be easily maintained along with the other tests in the suite and that users can know what to expect from the test in terms of output, etc.

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
IBM Linux Technology Center