Re: [LTP] LTP RT Tests (Cyclic, rt-migrate, etc)

Subrata Modak wrote:
On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 22:00 +0530, Sripathi Kodi wrote:
On Wednesday 08 July 2009 23:43:53 Subrata Modak wrote:
Darren/Sri/Gowri,

Where do you want me to put this exactly inside the RT tree ?
Hi Subrata,

Going by how the tests are organized currently, I think this should go
into it's own directory under testcases/realtime/func. We will need to
add a makefile to it. Are you looking at us to help you with this?

Correct. Please send me a patch which integrates it into RT tests build,
install & run.

Just got back from a week vacation and am burning through mail as fast as I can :-) Haven't had a look yet, but does this test use librttest.h? I suspect not. We'll need to adapt it to run within the existing ltp real-time testing framework, which includes things like buffered output as well as mlocking support.

Lastly, I'm not sure this test does anything effectively different than prio-wake, already in the tree. My other concerns with the test are its explicit 1ms preemption criteria (as Steven described it anyway). We are trying to move away from criteria being inherent in measurement tests, and 1 ms seems like an awfully long priority inversion to be an acceptable criteria to many users.

Steven, am I missing something conceptually here?

--
Darren

Regards--
Subrata