Re: Re: Triggering UserCode from KernelModule (IRQ)

Hi Claus,

thanks for the feedback.
> simply write an UIO driver for your I/O-HW. You find an excellent howto in
> http://www.osadl.org/UIO.uio0.0.html
>
> The UIO-driver has 2 benefits for you:
> 1. It provides you with direct access to the mmapped area from user space,
> freeing you from the necessity to communicate via the /dev interface.
> 2. It can invoke a handler function in user space, if an interrupt occurs.
That is really cool for a new driver, however I have an already existing driver
(that works with Xenomai) and in the first step I do not want to change too much...
The only missing piece here is the "triggering" of my user space task whenever
an interrupt occurred.
Is the .poll approach real time capable or is there another approach better?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Mathias

--
Mathias Koehrer
mathias_koehrer@xxxxxxxx

Arcor.de Gaming Area - kostenfrei daddeln bis der Arzt kommt!
Jetzt checken und aus über 80 Spielen wählen!
http://www.arcor.de/footer-gaming/