Re: About "error mounting as ext3" when using 2.6.29-rt2 on Fedora.

I tested with howto that you explained.
Sorry for my late response about your advice.
Specially, Thank you for presentation about CFS scheduler
at the 3rd korea technical jamboree last year.

2009/4/5 Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, GeunSik Lim wrote:
>> > Hmm. You said the same kernel works fine on other distros, right ? Do
>> > you use the same .config for the different distros. If not you could
>> > try to build the kernel on fedora with the other-distro config.
>> Yes.
>> I used the same kernel on various distros as I said previously.
>> ( config file :
>> http://leemgs1.googlecode.com/files/i386.2.6.29-rt2.ftrace.config-invain-invain.20090402)
>> for example,
>> At first,I built linux-2.6.29.rt2 kernel source.
>> And then,  I tested
>> kernel booting with this same kernel
>> binary(ex:vmlinuz,Systemmap,initrd , /lib/modules/2.6.29.rt2) on other
>> distros.
>
> Ok, can you try the following ? Boot into fedora, copy the fedora
> config file into your -rt build directory and enable preempt-rt on
> it. Now build the kernel and install it with "make modules_install
> install". Does this work ?
.
I compiled -rt kernel source with gcc 4 on fedora 9 distribution
directly as you said.
I  boot -rt kernel binary on fedora 9 distribution successfully about
Q9300 target.

But, I still can't boot -rt kernel binary on fedora 9 about Q8200 target.
I will report tomorrow that I capture kernel error display with my
digital camera.

This is a summary report until now.
CPU Info of Desktop/Netbook                               Kernel
      rootFS        Booting
Intel Atom(TM)  CPU N270  @ 1.60GHz /         Linux-2.6.29-rt2
Fedora 9      Success
Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz   same as above    CentOS5.2   Success
Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz   same as above    Ubuntu8.04  Success
Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @2.50GHz   same as above    Fedora9       Success
Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz   same as above    Fedora9
  Fail(still)
* ref) I compiled -rt kernel source with gcc on each target board directly.

Thanks you for your help.

--
Regards,
GeunSik Lim